David B. Robins, MD
7945 Wolf River Boulevard
Germantown TN 38138 901.683.0055
Germantown TN 38138 901.683.0055
David Robins, MD, is a Board Certified Anatomic Pathologist and Cytopathologist with Memphis Pathology Group, and an integral member of the multidisciplinary teams for breast and gynecologic malignancies.
Titles and Roles
- Pathologist, Memphis Pathology Group
- Associate Professor, Department of Pathology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Breast Malignancies Tumor Board
- Gynecologic Malignancies Tumor Board
- West Cancer Center committee
- National Accreditation of Programs for Breast Cancer (NAPBC) committee
- Breast Surgical Oncology Fellowship Program
- Gynecologic Surgical Oncology Fellowship Program
Areas of Expertise
- Breast cancer
- Gynecologic malignancies
- Cytopathology, including Fine Needle Aspiration
BiographyDavid B Robins is a native of South Africa who immigrated to the United States with his wife in 1986. His wife is a photographer and artist. He has three children, and enjoys photography, the outdoors, hiking, music, and watching and playing several sports. On completion of his pathology residency training in Pennsylvania, and his fellowship trainings in Pennsylvania and Texas, he joined the faculty at University of Texas Health Science Center, where he served as Medical Director of Cytology Services from 1991 to 1996. He also served as the Medical Director of the Cytology Training Program for the University of Texas School of Allied Health Sciences from 1992 to 1996. After a brief period of employment in a large reference laboratory in Nashville, he was recruited to Memphis, and joined Duckworth Pathology Group in 1998. In subsequent years, he has served as the Medical Director of Cytology at Methodist Le Bonheur Hospitals, Medical Director of the Duckworth Pathology Outpatient Laboratories, Cytology Medical Director of American Esoteric Laboratories, and Medical Director of the Cytology Program at the University of Tennessee School of Allied Health Sciences. After the dissolution of Duckworth Pathology Group in 2015, he became employed by Memphis Pathology Group. For the past 5 years, he has devoted himself mainly to the areas of breast and gynecologic malignancies, diagnosing outpatient and in-house biopsy and excisions specimens, as well as performing second reviews and consultation cases. He is a one of the primary presenters at weekly Breast Tumor Board and biweekly Gynecologic Tumor Board, and has been included in several grant studies and peer reviewed publications.
EducationDr. Robins completed his medical school training at University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, in 1982. He then did his residency in anatomic pathology and a surgical pathology fellowship (with added emphasis in gynecologic pathology) at Penn State University. He subsequently did a one year fellowship in cytopathology at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, with emphasis on the performance and interpretation of fine needle aspirations. He is Board certified by the American College of Pathologists in Anatomic Pathology, with subspecialty Boards in Cytopathology (1991).
- American Society of Clinical Pathologists
- American Society of Cytopathology
- College of American Pathologists
- Memphis and Shelby County Medical Society
- Tennessee Medical Association
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology
- Biomarker analysis of the WNT 10b pathway in triple negative breast cancer (NIH and DoD).
- Epigenomic Characterization of Neoplastic Progression in the Vulva (UTHSC).
Publications/ PresentationsClick here to see Dr. David Robins’ Publications and Presentations.