2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Precautions at West Cancer Center
West Cancer Center is closely monitoring the global COVID-19 outbreak. Our goal is to ensure a safe place for our patients, their families and all employees.
A COVID-19 task force, comprised of key leadership, meets each morning to discuss how we can continuously improve clinic workflows and update safety measures, based on CDC guidelines.
For Our Patients:
To better protect you, your family and staff, we are reducing the number of people who are in any West Cancer Center clinics, including visitors. We are calling patients that have scheduled appointments to offer a Televisit to continue providing much needed care that doesn’t require a physical visit. Don’t worry about calling us, we will reach out to you.
- We ask that you bring only one symptom free adult guest (16+ yrs.) with you to an appointment. Waiting in the car is another option we recommend for guest if you don’t require special assistance.
- All staff and patients are screened prior to entry into all clinics. Critical questions about exposure and symptoms are conducted, employees are screened for fever of 100.4 F. Patients identified with symptoms will be placed in designated isolation rooms for further evaluation and testing for COVID-19.
- Our staff is observing all CDC guidelines to ensure everyone’s safety at West Cancer Center.
- We will ask about symptoms of illness and potential exposure to the virus at check-
For Our Visitors:
Because COVID-19 poses a health risk, we are limiting the number of visitors.
Only invited visitors and essential non-employees may come to any of our clinics until further notice. They will be screened for travel history and evidence of a possible infection before being allowed to enter.
Please do not come to any West Cancer Center location if you are sick.
Call before you come to one of our clinics if you or any members of your household have any of the following symptoms:
- Fever (suspected or actual temperature of 100.4°F/38.0°C or greater)
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
Call before you come to one of our clinics if, in the last 14 days, you, a family member, or a guest in your home:
- Have had contact with anyone who is confirmed or suspected to have COVID-19
- Has traveled from anywhere outside the Mid-South region.
West Cancer Center will continue to monitor this situation and will follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Thanks for your support in this effort to keep our patients, families and staff safe.