2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Precautions at West Cancer Center
For the safety of our patients, their families, and staff, below is West Cancer Center’s updated COVID -19 policy:
Masks must be worn at all times, regardless of vaccination status.
Front door screening will be discontinued.
Patients will continue to be asked to only bring 1 adult visitor and no child under 12 will be allowed in the infusion areas.
If additional visitors accompany a patient, they may be asked to wait outside the clinic area.
- Virtual office visits or tele-visits are available and may be requested. Contact your care team or call 901.683.0055 to request a remote visit.
- You are welcome to have others join your visit with your doctor by phone, FaceTime or other remote access during appointments
Patients are asked to re-schedule their appointment if they have COVID symptoms and/or test positive.
Please give us a call at 901.683.0055 prior to your visit if you are experiencing any COVID-related symptoms.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
We realize patients and their families are asking about our position on the COVID-19 vaccine. Please review the following information:
- Our West Cancer Center network is currently not able to carry the COVID-19 vaccine for our staff or patients at this time.
- The COVID-19 vaccine is recommended for all oncology patients and our staff, unless pregnant (contact your OBGYN for guidance).
- The vaccine is felt to be safe for immunocompromised patients.
- The effectiveness of this vaccine in immunocompromised patients is felt to be decreased, but there is no way to measure or predict effectiveness in an individual.
- Even if you have had COVID-19, the CDC states you have immunity for 90 days-but recommends getting the vaccine after that time to extend your immunity.
If you are interested in receiving your COVID-19 vaccine, please use the links below to view more information.
Vaccine Finder: https://vaccinefinder.org/
Kroger Vaccine eligibility and scheduling tool: https://www.kroger.com/rx/covid-eligibility
Walgreens Vaccine eligibility and scheduling tool: https://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/covid-vaccine.jsp
Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club Vaccine eligibility and scheduling tool: https://www.walmart.com/cp/flu-shots-immunizations/1228302
Shelby County Health Department Vaccine eligibility and scheduling tool: https://covid19.memphistn.gov/
Tennessee Health Department Vaccine eligibility and scheduling tool: https://covid19.tn.gov/covid-19-vaccines/county-vaccine-information/
Mississippi Health Department Vaccine eligibility and scheduling tool: https://covidvaccine.umc.edu/
Arkansas Health Department Vaccine eligibility and scheduling tool: https://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programs-services/topics/novel-coronavirus
Veterans Administration Vaccine eligibility and scheduling tool: www.va.gov