At West Cancer Center, we know that a healthy lifestyle and regular screenings are paramount for cancer prevention. Our Lung Screening Program provides low-dose CT screening services to current and former smokers, allowing for early detection of lung cancer at its earliest stage, when treatment is most effective.
Screening is recommended for individuals that meet the criteria of the National Cancer Institute’s Lung Cancer Screening Trial. Eligibility requirements include:
- Individuals between the ages of 55 and 77
- Current smoker, or have quit smoking within the last 15 years
- 30 pack-year history of smoking (meaning one pack per day for 30 years, two packs a day for 15 years, etc.)
Lung Screening Awareness:
- Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer-related deaths in the United States.
- Symptoms of lung cancer usually do not appear until the disease reaches an advanced stage.
- Yearly lung screenings with low-dose CT has been shown to save lives by finding lung cancer at an early stage, when treatment is most effective.
Good health involves no smoking, an annual physical exam, and continued screenings as recommended. If you need help to quit smoking, please contact our Smoking Cessation Program at 901.448.2918.