Linda Smiley, MD, FACOG
Southaven MS 38671 662.349.9556
Germantown TN 38138 901.683.0055
Dr. Smiley specializes in Gynecologic Oncology, treating cervical, ovarian, vulvar and uterine cancers. She chose this field because it enabled her to be with her patients throughout every step of their cancer journey. From diagnosis, to surgery (if necessary), through treatment and on to recovery, Dr. Smiley provides exceptional medical care and emotional support. Additionally, she sees women with pre-invasive diseases, such as vulvar dysplasia, and non-malignant diseases that require surgery like severe endometriosis.
Extremely dedicated to her profession, Dr. Smiley extends the reach of her medical expertise to underserved populations through medical mission trips sponsored by her church. She is involved in several medical associations and serves on the Board of Directors for the Tennessee Chapter of the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition. To the surprise of many, beneath this consummate professional exists a bona fide cowgirl who loves riding her horses and showing competitively.
Education and Training
Dr. Linda Smiley graduated Summa Cum Laude from Christian Brothers College and attended medical school at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center. She completed her Internship and Residency in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Tennessee, Memphis, and her fellowship at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. She also received the Clinical Oncology Fellowship Award from the American Cancer Society, 1989-1990. Dr. Smiley is board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology and holds medical licenses in Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi. She joined West Clinic in 1995.
- “Top Docs” Award in Gynecologic Oncology, Memphis Magazine, 2012, 2013, and 2014
- Distinguished Alumni Award, Christian Brothers University, 1999
Dr. Smiley is actively involved with research at West Cancer Center, allowing her patients access to a number of phase I and phase II clinical trials.
To view Dr. Smiley’s most recent publications, click here.
Titles and Roles
- Board Certified Gynecologic Oncologist, West Cancer Center
- Assistant Professor, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, the University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Fellow of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Member of the Society of Gynecologic Oncology
- Member of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Member of Felix Rutledge Society