Gregory Vidal, MD, PhD
Memphis TN 38104 901.300.1562
Germantown TN 38138 901.683.0055
Gregory Vidal, MD, PhD, is a medical oncologist at West Cancer Center and Regional One Health. He has earned three board certifications, in internal medicine and medicine oncology.
Dr. Vidal earned both his medical degree and PhD at Tulane University School of Medicine and holds a Bachelor of Science and Master of Science from University of Mississippi.
Following medical school, he completed his residency in internal medicine and a fellowship in hematology and oncology at Stanford Hospital and Clinic where he served on faculty for a year before moving to Memphis.
Dr. Vidal is considered an expert in breast cancer and lectures both nationally and internationally. He is highly sought out for his expertise in drug development and clinical trials. As an Associate Professor at the University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center he spends a portion of his time on research for breast patients and health inequity issues.
He has been honored for his work by several prestigious institutions, including the Cancer Education Consortium, American Association for Cancer Research and Stanford Society of Physician Scholars. His research is published in renowned professional journals.
- MD, Tulane University School of Medicine
- PhD, Tulane University School of Medicine
- MS, University of Mississippi
- BS, University of Mississippi
- Internal Medicine – Stanford Hospital and Clinic
- Hematology/Oncology – Stanford Hospital and Clinic
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
Awards and Honors
- IRISE KL-2 Career Developmental Award (2015)
- Cancer Education Consortium’s Annual Cancer Therapeutics and Drug Development (2013)
- Cancer Education Consortium’s Annual Molecular and Transnational Workshop (2013)
- Travel and Attendance Fellows Award – 30th Annual Miami Breast Cancer Conference (2012)
- American Association for Cancer Research / American Society of Clinical Oncology Methods in Clinical Cancer Research Workshop (2011)
- Stanford Society of Physician Scholars (2009)
- Andy Martin Research Scholar Award (2008)
- DOD Pre-Doctoral Training Award (2003 – 2005)
- Inducted into the International Student Hall of Fame (2001)
- Associate Professor at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center